2017 - FabLab Barcelona - Full stack web developer / System Administrator
- Maintaining multiple Ruby on Rails apps.
- System administration, implemented Ansible, SSL with letsencrypt, Dockerized services.
- Implemented monitoring, using Grafana and Influxdb.
- Setup self hosted Sentry.io for error tracking.
- Created a minimal Vue.js frontend setup tool for embedded system
- Created a quiz in React, and prototyping a new React app
2017 - Repero.me (Side project)
- Created my own SaaS, where (bicycle) repair shops can save their data in the cloud for free.
- Offer a paid subscription where premium users can send SMS and emails to their customers.
- Tech Stack: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Sidekiq, Redis. Sentry.io for error reporting. Mailgun API for emails. Plivo API for SMS.
- Code Coverage ~80% reported by simplecov using minitest-rails + capybara-webkit. (No RSpec)
- (Not open source at the moment)
2016 - DTU Copenhagen - Full stack web developer / System Administrator
- Maintaining and adding features to the DTU findit search machine (Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, Postgres, Solr).
- Implementing Docker in development and production.
- Moved from Jenkins to a Gitlab CI/CD pipeline.
- Write Ansible plays to maintain services including nagios, Jenkins, Solr.
2015 - Zupa Copenhagen - Web developer / System Administrator
- Various HTML5/CSS/JS projects.
- Responsible for server uptime, network infrastructure, system backups.
2014 - Advania (Iceland) - Linux System Administrator (Summer job / part time)
- Administering and installing servers (Debian, CentOS).
- Puppet provisioning, scripting, VMware.
- Install & manage Plesk, troubleshoot mail services.
- Client technical support.
Previous jobs include IT support, computer repairs and freelance audio engineering.
- 2012 - 2015 - Reykjavik University - Bachelor of Computer Science.
- 2007 - 2008 - SAE Institute - Diploma, Audio Engineering.
- 2000 - 2005 - Reykjavik Technical College - Networking as a main course of study.