Here are some causes I care about:
- Give everyone a basic salary so they have a safety net, and can follow their passion.
Bicycle infrastructure (and public transport)
- Give people the opportunity to not having to own a car, but still travel fast and securely.
Be able to vote on some issues online, not all, since online voting will never be 100% secure.
Shorter working week
- We have not in our lifetime seen so much progress in efficiency (Internet, Robots, AI, Machine Learning), still the work week has not changed in many years (depending on country).
- 1971 - Iceland, law on a 40 hour work week was set, and still stands today.
- German union fights for 28 work week
I try to:
- travel using my own energy
- buy items without packaging. - Who needs a banana wrapped in plastic?
- buy items created closeby, not on the other side of the world
- reduce meat consumption
- eat seasonal food
Simpler tax system
- Do you know a person who can accurately do their taxes?
- In Denmark, students get paid to go to school for ~4 years
- In Denmark, healthcare is free.